|Recipes Page 2|
Oysters in Oatmeal
Oysters in a Spinach Cheese Sauce
4 oysters, with shells
55g/2oz spinach, chopped
For the sauce:
30g/1oz plain flour
splash of milk
30g/1oz parmesan, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. Prepare the cheese sauce by melting the butter in a small saucepan. Add the flour and stir until a paste forms. Gradually add the milk, stirring all the while to thicken the sauce. Add the parmesan and stir to melt. Take the sauce off the heat.
3. Place the chopped spinach in the bottom of four oyster shells. Place the oyster on top and drizzle over the cheese sauce.
4. Place the oysters on a baking sheet and bake for 2-3 minutes.
5. Serve while hot.
Oysters in Garlic Butter
8-12 fresh oysters
55g/2oz unsalted butter, softened
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat a grill.
2. In a small bowl mix the butter, parsley, garlic and pepper together.
3. Place a knob of garlic butter onto each oyster.
4. Grill for 3-4 minutes until cooked and serve.
Grilled Oysters with Parmesan Cheese
24 pacific oysters
175ml/6fl oz double cream
25g/1oz parmesan cheese, freshly grated
50g/2oz butter, melted
freshly grated black pepper
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Open the oysters, release them from the deeper bottom shells and then pour off most of the liquor. Put them on a baking tray or the rack of the grill pan. Spoon about 1.5 tsp of the cream over each oyster and season with a little black pepper. Sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and then drizzle with the melted butter.
3. Grill the oysters for 1 minute, until the cheese is golden brown.